My name is Sean Early and I am an innovation consultant, analyst, author, blogger, teacher, speaker, artist and musician.
For over 20 years, I have been advising corporations, entertainers, artists and creative professionals on how to digitally transform their business with new technology, marketing & design to realize their potential, reach their goals & increase their bottom line.
My expertise is rather unconventional. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to have worked in many diverse industries and have advised major brands, including:
Mercedes-Benz, Daimler AG, General Motors, Nissan, Audi, Unilever, Lufthansa, Samsung, Deutsche Bank, Adobe, Facebook, Red Bull, Boeing, MySpace, Amazon, Nokia, AT&T, Sony Ericsson, Crytek and The Seattle Times, to name a few.
My current focus is augmented and virtual reality, automotive, connected products, user experience (UX), information architecture (IA), customer experience (CX), growth hacking, strategy, building addictive brand & product ecosystems and developing content strategies and platforms that help to sustain them.
I am a teacher, student and strong proponent of direct and contextual marketing, neuromarketing and designing a cohesive symbiosis of all of the above, baked into the fabric of the business.
You can view my most recent projects here.
I am the CMO / Creative Director at Rocketbike ARVR. We are an AR & VR development studio located in Vienna, Austria. We create innovative platform solutions for brands & content creators to reach audiences & consumers in new ways.
Oor first product is booomVR, a virtual reality web browser and content aggregation platform. It allows for easy browsing, organizing and sharing of 2D, 3D, stereoscopic and 360 VR content within the same user interface.
I am the Founder and Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine, a leading industry resource that offers the latest news, trends, analysis of the Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Industry. I discuss gear, software, product reviews, business, marketing and all things related to AR, VR, 360 content, sim-tech and immersive experiences.
I am a Virtual Reality Consultant at INSCALE, in charge of augmented reality, virtual reality, 360° video app development, strategy. new business, PR and marketing. One of the world’s leading design agencies for corporate presentations, INSCALE is positioning for the future where presentations will be in VR.
I am the CEO of Devilish Media, a media, marketing and publishing company that serves as the hub of all of my online business ventures. The company continues to evolve, explore new niche business opportunities and is constantly adding new brands, products, websites & publications to it’s lineup.
In 2012, I published my first book Shocking Secrets of Adult Design where I share business advice and marketing secrets for designers. Before I was doing the “Mad Men” marketing thing, I cut my teeth in the design world by starting a design and consulting business that catered to adult entertainers. A marketing manifesto from the dark side, this book details my whole shocking story.
Design & Marketing Courses
I offer a number of unconventional marketing and design courses that you can check out via my shop. Warning: If you are looking for marketing “rainbows and unicorns” or social media kumbaya, this stuff is probably not for you, however if you are interested in a straight forward, uncensored look at what it takes to run a marketing & design business from “the other side of the curtain”, then I guarantee you have never seen business & marketing resources like this before!
My greatest joy is spending time with my family. I am married to an amazing wife (my better half) and together we have two beautiful daughters. I am 45 years old, was born in Ohio and grew up in Seattle WA.
I have been playing guitar since age 14 and have played in several bands over the span of my music career, including: Terra’s Love Child, John Oszajca, Radio Nationals & CakeBoy. I have performed on TV, radio, recorded, produced, toured, opened for major acts and shared the stage with a cornucopia of amazing musicians, including a memorable performance at Woodstock 99 (Riot Day)
Here I am on stage with John Oszajca, Woodstock 99
Growing up in the Seattle music scene, I attribute my playing style to a murky soup of Pacific Northwest grunge, punk, heavy metal & long, dark, rainy winters with nothing to do but play guitar and go to shows. Being part of the Seattle music scene in the 90’s was a pretty amazing thing to experience. It was quite a definitive period in music history.
In 1992 I attended the Recording Workshop, where I learned the fine art of “making stuff sound good” and “bringing on the rock.” Ever since, my home has been in the studio writing and producing.
In my spare time, I create digital pin-up art and have recently received quite a bit of notoriety and press. In 2012 my art was published in a book by Schiffer Publishing called The Contemporary Illustrated Pin-Up.
Be sure to check out my art portfolio website: Digital Girlies where I offer a video course that teaches how I create my art. I also have a Zazzle store where I sell pin-up and fantasy art accessories, phone cases, prints & more!
Business & Networking Opportunities
I am always looking for business opportunities, affiliates or cross promotional opportunities, so feel free to share. I LOVE doing product reviews, so if you have a related product, book or anything else you think I might find interesting and relevant to this blog, let me know!
I am really active on social media, so feel free to get in touch and add me on all the following socials. I also encourage you to join my mailing list via the sidebar to receive all of my latest updates and advice via email.
Misc. Random Facts:
If you made it this far, you are either really bored, a stalker or REALLY interested in me. I guess I am pretty awesome, so I can’t really blame you… In that case, here are some misc. random factoids about me to chew on.
- My personal pet peeve: Never tell me that you’re bored.
- My first computer was a Commodor 64 with a cassette tape drive
- My first electric guitar was a Peavey Patriot
- I prefer DR 10 gauge strings and Dunlop Tortex 1mm picks
- I lived on a farm when I was a kid and had a pony
- When I was 9, my grandfather gave me a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas and i DID NOT shoot my eye out!
- I was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout, I was patrol leader and I won the Pinewood Derby 2 years in a row.
- I am fond of cheeseburgers, donuts with strawberry frosting, Phở and Indian food.
- Drink of choice: Coffee. Lots of it.
- Current music sequencing software: Propellerhead Reason
- Current Phone: iPhone
- I once had dinner with Elvis’s daughter & Ed Dale.(not at the same time)
- I once had a phone conversation with Mark Zuckerberg about the potential for bringing Facebook to mobile.
- I once had drinks with Adam Sandler.
- I used to design adult websites and I actually wrote a book about it.
- I make 3D digital pin-up art Click Here
- I once had breakfast with Ice Cube, Zack De La Rocha & Kid Rock (at the same time)
- I once took a piss next to John Glenn and Thom Yorke (not at the same time).
- I once had coffee with Tom Robbins and an interesting discussion about a pack of Camel Cigarettes
- I once sat on Marlo Thomas’s lap as she sang “Free to be You and Me”
- I was once on the Uncle Al show in Cincinnati and played the helicopter pilot
- I love Mexican art
- I once worked at McDonalds
- I have survived earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, floods, tear gas and riots
- I played at Woodstock 99 on riot day
- My favorite color is black and all my clothes (save for my jeans and one grey Lynyrd Skynyrd t-shirt) is black
- I don’t like squash or eggplant
- Companies I would gladly endorse and/or work for: Apple, Google, Unity, Oculus, Facebook, Ford, Daz3D, Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Marshall, Martin, Taylor, PRS, Steinberg, Propellerhead Software, Native Instruments, Line 6, Ableton, Roland-Boss, Harley Davidson, DR, Dunlop, Levi, Timex
Thanks for reading! Cheers.
– Sean Earley