My name is Sean Early and I am an innovation consultant, analyst, author, blogger, teacher, speaker, artist and musician.
For over 20 years, I have been advising corporations, entertainers, artists and creative professionals on how to digitally transform their business with new technology, marketing & design to realize their potential, reach their goals & increase their bottom line.
My expertise is rather unconventional. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to have worked in many diverse industries and have advised major brands, including:
Mercedes-Benz, Daimler AG, General Motors, Nissan, Audi, Unilever, Lufthansa, Samsung, Deutsche Bank, Adobe, Facebook, Red Bull, Boeing, MySpace, Amazon, Nokia, AT&T, Sony Ericsson, Crytek and The Seattle Times, to name a few.
My current focus is augmented and virtual reality, automotive, connected products, user experience (UX), information architecture (IA), customer experience (CX), growth hacking, strategy, building addictive brand & product ecosystems and developing content strategies and platforms that help to sustain them.
I am a teacher, student and strong proponent of direct and contextual marketing, neuromarketing and designing a cohesive symbiosis of all of the above, baked into the fabric of the business.
You can view my most recent projects here.
I am the CMO / Creative Director at Rocketbike ARVR. We are an AR & VR development studio located in Vienna, Austria. We create innovative platform solutions for brands & content creators to reach audiences & consumers in new ways.
Our first product is booomVR, a virtual reality web browser and content aggregation platform. It allows for easy browsing, organizing and sharing of 2D, 3D, stereoscopic and 360 VR content within the same user interface.
I am the Founder and Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine, a leading industry resource that offers the latest news, trends, analysis of the Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Industry. I discuss gear, software, product reviews, business, marketing and all things related to AR, VR, 360 content, sim-tech and immersive experiences.
In 2012, I published my first book Shocking Secrets of Adult Design where I share business advice and marketing secrets for designers. Before I was doing the “Mad Men” marketing thing, I cut my teeth in the design world by starting a design and consulting business that catered to adult entertainers. A marketing manifesto from the dark side, this book details my whole shocking story.
Design & Marketing Courses
I offer a number of unconventional marketing and design courses that you can check out via my shop. Warning: If you are looking for marketing “rainbows and unicorns” or social media kumbaya, this stuff is probably not for you, however if you are interested in a straight forward, uncensored look at what it takes to run a marketing & design business from “the other side of the curtain”, then I guarantee you have never seen business & marketing resources like this before!
My greatest joy is spending time with my family. I am married to an amazing wife (my better half) and together we have two beautiful daughters. I am 45 years old, was born in Ohio and grew up in Seattle WA.
I have been playing guitar since age 14 and have played in several bands over the span of my music career, including: Terra’s Love Child, John Oszajca, Radio Nationals & CakeBoy. I have performed on TV, radio, recorded, produced, toured, opened for major acts and shared the stage with a cornucopia of amazing musicians, including a memorable performance at Woodstock 99 (Riot Day)
Here I am on stage with John Oszajca, Woodstock 99
Growing up in the Seattle music scene, I attribute my playing style to a murky soup of Pacific Northwest grunge, punk, heavy metal & long, dark, rainy winters with nothing to do but play guitar and go to shows. Being part of the Seattle music scene in the 90’s was a pretty amazing thing to experience. It was quite a definitive period in music history.
In 1992 I attended the Recording Workshop, where I learned the fine art of “making stuff sound good” and “bringing on the rock.” Ever since, my home has been in the studio writing and producing.
In my spare time, I create digital pin-up art and have recently received quite a bit of notoriety and press. In 2012 my art was published in a book by Schiffer Publishing called The Contemporary Illustrated Pin-Up.
Be sure to check out my art portfolio website: Digital Girlies where I offer a video course that teaches how I create my art. I also have a Zazzle store where I sell pin-up and fantasy art accessories, phone cases, prints & more!
Business & Networking Opportunities
I am always looking for business opportunities, affiliates or cross promotional opportunities, so feel free to share. I LOVE doing product reviews, so if you have a related product, book or anything else you think I might find interesting and relevant to this blog, let me know!
I am really active on social media, so feel free to get in touch and add me on all the following socials. I also encourage you to join my mailing list via the sidebar to receive all of my latest updates and advice via email.
Misc. Random Facts:
If you made it this far, you are either really bored, a stalker or REALLY interested in me. I guess I am pretty awesome, so I can’t really blame you… In that case, here are some misc. random factoids about me to chew on.
- My personal pet peeve: Never tell me that you’re bored.
- My first computer was a Commodor 64 with a cassette tape drive
- My first electric guitar was a Peavey Patriot
- I prefer DR 10 gauge strings and Dunlop Tortex 1mm picks
- I lived on a farm when I was a kid and had a pony
- When I was 9, my grandfather gave me a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas and i DID NOT shoot my eye out!
- I was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout, I was patrol leader and I won the Pinewood Derby 2 years in a row.
- I am fond of cheeseburgers, donuts with strawberry frosting, Phở and Indian food.
- Drink of choice: Coffee. Lots of it.
- Current music sequencing software: Propellerhead Reason
- Current Phone: iPhone
- I once had dinner with Elvis’s daughter & Ed Dale.(not at the same time)
- I once had a phone conversation with Mark Zuckerberg about the potential for bringing Facebook to mobile.
- I once had drinks with Adam Sandler.
- I used to design adult websites and I actually wrote a book about it.
- I make 3D digital pin-up art Click Here
- I once had breakfast with Ice Cube, Zack De La Rocha & Kid Rock (at the same time)
- I once took a piss next to John Glenn and Thom Yorke (not at the same time).
- I once had coffee with Tom Robbins and an interesting discussion about a pack of Camel Cigarettes
- I once sat on Marlo Thomas’s lap as she sang “Free to be You and Me”
- I was once on the Uncle Al show in Cincinnati and played the helicopter pilot
- I love Mexican art
- I once worked at McDonalds
- I have survived earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, floods, tear gas and riots
- I played at Woodstock 99 on riot day
- My favorite color is black and all my clothes (save for my jeans and one grey Lynyrd Skynyrd t-shirt) is black
- I don’t like squash or eggplant
- Companies I would gladly endorse and/or work for: Apple, Google, Unity, Oculus, Facebook, Ford, Daz3D, Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Marshall, Martin, Taylor, PRS, Steinberg, Propellerhead Software, Native Instruments, Line 6, Ableton, Roland-Boss, Harley Davidson, DR, Dunlop, Levi, Timex
Thanks for reading! Cheers.
– Sean Earley